School Code:  441-580


Please visit the college and career corner in the HS library.


Whooo's your counselor???
Keri Heskett

My degrees:
Bachelor of Science in Sport and Exercise Science from Midwestern State University 1998

Master of Science in Counseling and Development from Texas Woman's University 2014

Teacher Certifications:
All Level PE       Secondary History     ELAR 4-12

Business Education     Technology Applications

Principal     Counselor

If you need to reach me please email me at or call me at (254) 854-2215 extension 29.  My office is located in the high school. 

If you need to see the counselor, click here. You will be called to my office. DO NOT come to my office!

If you need to sign up to TSI test, click here.

Military Contact Information
605 N Nolan River Road
Cleburne, TX 
1351 SW Wilshire Blvd #110
Burleson, TX
605 N Nolan River Road
Cleburne, TX 
6306 Hulen Bend Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX
College Application Process
  • Complete the  Apply Texas baseline application and send it to the college/colleges of your choice.   Students should consider sending one to Hill College (or other junior college) and one to each college they want to attend.
  • Students need to request their transcript be sent to the college/colleges they have applied to.  Once they have applied AND  have sent their transcript, they will wait to receive acceptance letters or emails from the college/colleges indicating they have been accepted. Otherwise, they will received letters or emails telling them why they do not meet the colleges admission criteria. Each college has its own timeline for this.  Check the college website for these dates.
  • Get a meningitis vaccine and send a copy of the shot record to the school.
  • Take the ACT/SAT if they will attend a 4 year college and send the scores to the college.
  • All male students must register for Selective Service after their 18th birthday.  
  • All students will need to take the TSI at the college they will attend unless they are exempt because of ACT/SAT scores (or other exemptions).




ACT test dates look at
SAT test dates look at


TSI Study Guide

The Texas Success Initiative Assessment, better known as the TSI test, is a program which determines the appropriate level of college course work for an incoming student. 

A student may purchase this to study.
-Click on Accuplacer
-Then TSI web based study App-Texas version
-Select store
-Cost is $4.50 or no cost and it can be downloaded
*This information is from Hill College.
**TSI Texas Version study books can be purchased at bookstores and online bookstores.



In January of each year the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) became available.  Completing the FAFSA is critical to getting access to more than $134 billion in grants, loans, and work-study funds.  Moreover, it is free, quick (on average, taking about 20 minutes!), and easy.
To make sure that students do not leave money on the table, the Department has prepared a number of blog posts:
·         7 Common FAFSA Mistakes


FAFSATop 5 Questions about FAFSA

1. What should I (the student) do if my family has unusual circumstances that aren’t mentioned in the application?

If you or your family has unusual circumstances (such as loss of employment, loss of benefits, death, or divorce), complete the FAFSA to the extent that you can and submit it as instructed. Then talk to the financial aid administrator (FAA) at the school you plan to attend. If your family’s circumstances have changed from the tax year 2012, the FAA may decide on a case-by-case basis to adjust data elements used to calculate your EFC. Any adjustment the FAA makes must relate only to your individual circumstances and not to any conditions that exist for a whole class of students. The FAA’s decision is final and cannot be appealed to the ED

2. I’m going to get married this summer. How do I answer the question that asks if I am married?

You must answer Question 46 based on your marital status on the day you complete and sign your FAFSA. Answer “Yes” if you are married on the day you complete and sign your FAFSA, otherwise, answer “No.” When you apply in a subsequent year and remain married, you will file as a married student at that time. Before completing the FAFSA, contact your financial aid office, they may have some additional guidance.

3. If my parents are divorced, whose information do I need?

Report the information of the parent with whom you lived the most during the 12 months preceding the date you completed the FAFSA. It does not make a difference which parent claims you as a dependent for tax purposes. If you did not live with either parent or lived equally with each parent, the parental information must be provided for the parent from whom you received the most financial support during the preceding 12 months or the parent from whom you received the most support the last time support was given.

4. I’ll be filing a tax return this year but I probably won’t get around to it until April. How should I answer the financial questions? Should I wait to fill out this form after I’ve filed my tax return?

Don’t wait until April. Many schools award aid on a first-come, first-served basis. Also, you may not be eligible for state aid if you wait until April to submit your FAFSA. Many state aid deadlines are early in the calendar year.

Dual Credit Enrollment
  1. Contact Hill Testing Center and schedule a time to take the TSI test (817) 760-5814, the cost is $39 - If you took the test with Covington you will need your results.
    You have to make certain scores (Math = 350+, Reading = 351+, Writing = 340 + and 4+ on composition or less than a 340 and an ABE score of 4 and an essay score of 5 to take college classes.  If you passed all three subject areas on the TSI then you can take college English, Math, Science, and Social Studies. If you do not  pass certain areas you will need remediation and you may take the test again and pass that area before you can take the college level class on which you are trying to take.
  2. Apply online (fill out dual credit-you also use this site to apply for any other college in Texas)
  3. You will get an email if you are accepted and it will have your student ID number which will allow you to create an account for the MyRebel account.  
    username (first name.last name)
    password (last name-first letter capitalized and the last four digits of the account number Hill sent you)
  4. Once you get the email:  go to the college and visit with an admissions counselor.  You will need the dual credit application which can be found on the Hill College site (and you will need a high school official signature and other information), proof of your meningitis vaccination, your high school transcript, your TSI or other test results.\
  5. Once you are accepted and everything is good with the college you will log onto Hill account and go through Campus Connect/My Rebel to register for classes.

Important Information and Links

  • How to report Bullying
  • Meningitis shots are available at the Health Department at a low cost.  The closest Health Department is in Cleburne 108 E Kilpatrick St #B, Cleburne, TX (817) 517-2306.



Local Organizations-

  • Johnson County Family Crisis Center
  • Operation Blessing
  • United Way of Johnson County
  • American Red Cross

Government Resources-

Mental Health-

Student Crisis Resources-